megan

Default why is my excel icon a yellow-white exclamation point now? what .

all of my excel file icons have been replaced by yellow-white exclamation
points. why is this and what can I do to fix it?
Dave Peterson

Untested, but easiest to try first:

Close Excel and
Windows Start Button|Run
excel /unregserver
then
Windows Start Button|Run
excel /regserver

factory defaults.

==
If that doesn't work, then try...

(This is for winXP--but it'll be similar to other versions of windows)
Open windows explorer
Tools|Folder Options|File Types Tab
Scroll down to XLS Microsoft Excel Worksheet
Select that.
Click on the Advanced button
Click on the Change Icon button
My icons for xl2003 under winXP (home) are located in:
C:\WINDOWS\Installer\{90110409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0150048383C9}\xlicons.exe
but you could browse to your excel.exe file
(mine is: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE)

Each provided a slightly different list, but there were lots of common icons.

Then pick the icon you like.

--

Dave Peterson