rich zielinski via OfficeKB.com

Default series graph -- one series being added to another series

I have a graph with three series all pulling from another spread sheet.
the first series plots correctly on the y axis
the second series plots higher up on the y axis instead of at corresponding
values on the y axis. It appears the second series is being added to the
first and plotted at the combined values.
when I look at the plot point for the second series; for example $25000
is being plotted at $50000 on the Y axis even though it is saying $25000.
Help me please!!!!!!!

John Mansfield

Assuming you're using a column chart, check to see if you've chosen the
stacked column chart option. If so choose the clustered column chart option.

If you're using a bar chart, change it from a stacked bar to a clustered bar.

----
Regards,
John Mansfield
http://www.pdbook.com

"rich zielinski via OfficeKB.com" wrote:

I have a graph with three series all pulling from another spread sheet.
the first series plots correctly on the y axis
the second series plots higher up on the y axis instead of at corresponding
values on the y axis. It appears the second series is being added to the
first and plotted at the combined values.
when I look at the plot point for the second series; for example $25000
is being plotted at $50000 on the Y axis even though it is saying $25000.
Help me please!!!!!!!

rich zielinski via OfficeKB.com

i am using a line graph with three series.

rich zielinski via OfficeKB.com

I changed the graph type --I was using a stacked line type.
Oh man--I would have never found this unless you told me.
Thanks.