Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Comma Style Question

When I format a cell using the "Comma Style" toolbar button, I get 2
decimal places shown along with the comma separated thousands.

Is it possible to change the 2 decimal places? Whenever I use the
button, I always want my numbers displayed as comma separated
thousands with NO decimal places.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

In pre-Excel 2007: Open the Format; locate Style; in the dropdown box select
Comma; now use Modify and decrease decimals to zero.
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Steveal" wrote in message
When I format a cell using the "Comma Style" toolbar button, I get 2
decimal places shown along with the comma separated thousands.

Is it possible to change the 2 decimal places? Whenever I use the
button, I always want my numbers displayed as comma separated
thousands with NO decimal places.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

You can change the Comma style:

Format|Style (in xl2003 menus)
or
Home tab|Style group|Cell Styles icon (on the xl2007 ribbon)

Change the comma style to what you want.

These styles live in workbooks. It's not an excel setting. So every existing
file needs to have thing changed (if you want).

If you want this style for new workbooks, you can create a new workbook, save it
as book.xlt (a template file) in the XLStart folder.

A new workbook will be created based on this workbook when you click on the New
Icon on the standard toolbar.

Steveal wrote:

When I format a cell using the "Comma Style" toolbar button, I get 2
decimal places shown along with the comma separated thousands.

Is it possible to change the 2 decimal places? Whenever I use the
button, I always want my numbers displayed as comma separated
thousands with NO decimal places.

--

Dave Peterson