Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default FORMULA: calculating an exchange rate

I need to be sure I am calculating an exchange rate correctly - using today's
exchange rate for Dollar and Pound, what would be the cell formula to
calculate, below:

USD GBP Exchange Rate
750 543.44 0.72406

Also, would you know of a website that can help with other formulas such as
timezone differences ie. enter UK/Burbank CA = GMT timezone /-8hrs ?

Thank you - appreciate any help you can offer.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In your example, rate = 543.44 / 750 which equals 0.72459 on my
calculator. As an Excel formula in C2:

=B2/A2

To subtract 8 hours from a time in A10:

=A10 - 8/24

as times are stored as fractions of a 24-hour day.

Hope this helps.

Pete