Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Auto Sort by column B

I have a worksheet that is going to be VERY long! I and other co-workers will
be adding to this list daily. Each of us will also be looking through this to
see if the other has already done the work (this is a list of intent to
lien's we have done, but since we work in different departments one might not
know the other has already done the intent, thus having to pay for a lien on
the same property. we are hoping to avoid this by using this list I have
created) not all of the workers are savy enough to know how to sort then save
the document and may actually mess something up... so we would like for it to
auto sort on save or close... any ideas on how to do that???
any help would be appriciated!!
Thanks,
Moira
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You can set the sorting in Workbook_BeforeClose event:
For example if you were to sort the range A1 to B13 you will set the
following instruction:

Range("A1:B13").Sort Key1:=Range("A1"), Order1:=xlAscending,
Header:=xlGuess, _
OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:=False, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom, _
DataOption1:=xlSortNormal
Adjust this to suit your needs
--
If this posting was helpful, please click on the Yes button.
Regards,

Michael Arch.