FORMULA QUESTION

Default FORMULA TO MAKE CELL COLOR CONTINGENT

Is there a way to make the font/background color contingent on another cell?
We think we would use some type of "IF" analysis but ...

For example, if cell B1 = 50 we want cell B6 to be red. Thanks!

Patrick
Bob Phillips

You need Conditional Formatting. Look at 'Highlight cells that meet specific
conditions' in the Answer wizard

--

HTH

RP

"FORMULA QUESTION" <FORMULA wrote in
message ...
Is there a way to make the font/background color contingent on another

cell?
We think we would use some type of "IF" analysis but ...

For example, if cell B1 = 50 we want cell B6 to be red. Thanks!

Patrick

FORMULA QUESTION

Thanks, BUT I don't think conditional formating will let me do this. It will
let me format THAT cell based upon the condition, but I need it to format
another cell. For example, one cell has a name. The other cell has a
number. I want to set it up so that if the number cell is greater than 20
that the NAME cell has the font/background turn red. Thanks!

"FORMULA QUESTION" wrote:

Is there a way to make the font/background color contingent on another cell?
We think we would use some type of "IF" analysis but ...

For example, if cell B1 = 50 we want cell B6 to be red. Thanks!

Patrick

tjtjjtjt

Conditional Formatting will let you do this.
Check out the Help Topic Bob mentioned, or look at the website.
Example:
Select cell B6. Go to Format | Conditional Formatting. Then, pick Formula is
and set the criteris to =B1=50.
Be sure to capitalize the B as the Conditional Formatting box has a nasty
tendency to interpret lowercase letters as text rather than cell references.

tj