Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Column-Line combination charts

Good day!

I have been trying my best to do a column-line combination chart using a
stacked column charts and with 5 lines with points at each end in excel 2003.
I have been trying to do this almost everyday but can't do it. Apparently my
boss was able to do it before in an older version of excel but she can't
remember how she did it. I need help please... =)
--
thank you!
Mavy
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
HEK

Does http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Cha...mboChart1.html provide what
you are looking for?
GL,
Henk

" wrote:

Good day!

I have been trying my best to do a column-line combination chart using a
stacked column charts and with 5 lines with points at each end in excel 2003.
I have been trying to do this almost everyday but can't do it. Apparently my
boss was able to do it before in an older version of excel but she can't
remember how she did it. I need help please... =)
--
thank you!
Mavy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Unfortunately, no coz I need a chart with 3 stacke dcolumns and 5 lines with
points at each end. I tried doing what you suggested before but the points
are there but there's no line created. I tried adding a trendline but I have
to manually, raise the lines up.

here's an ex :
A B C

1996 $28,000,000 $3,500,000 $83,000,000
1997 $40,067,380 $48,000,000 $10,000,000
1998 $35,000,000 $53,000,000 $35,000,000

CONT.
D E F G H
0.00% 0.00% 0.00% 0.00% 0.00%

331.70% 252.80% 192.30% 500.20% 752.50%

Series A to C should be stacked columns and series D-H should be lines in
those stacked columns. I would really really appreciate any help. Thank you
so much! =)

Mavy

" wrote:

Good day!

I have been trying my best to do a column-line combination chart using a
stacked column charts and with 5 lines with points at each end in excel 2003.
I have been trying to do this almost everyday but can't do it. Apparently my
boss was able to do it before in an older version of excel but she can't
remember how she did it. I need help please... =)
--
thank you!
Mavy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier

Are there blank cells within the data in D:H? (I can't really tell what
you've tried to show.) If so, select the chart, and go to Tools menu
Options Chart tab, and check the Interpolated option.

What do you mean you have to raise thee lines up? They're in percents and
the columns are in thousands of dollars, so presumably the lines are down in
the weeds. You need to get them onto the secondary axis: Double click on a
series, and on the Axis tab, choose Secondary.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions