Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dond

Default Automatic Bookmark

I have a project with 56 worksheets, most based on the weeks of the
year.
I have a formula advising what week of the year I am working on and
returning the relevant Numeral I.E: 1, 2, 3, etc to 52

The bookmarks are sequential named week 1, week 2, etc
I am trying to create a bookmark that looks at the numeral and directs
you to the relevant week when activated.

Any one got any thoughts. I thought this would be simple but cant find
the answer yet.

--
dond
dond's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25477

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pete

You could use a hyperlink formula. Assume the formula which gives you
the week number is in cell A1, then in an adjacent cell you could add
this formula:

=HYPERLINK("#'Week "&A1&"'!A1","jump")

This will display the word "jump" and if clicked it will take you to
cell A1 in the appropriate "Week no" sheet. As you have spaces in the
sheet names you will need to have the apostrophes in the above formula
- there is one after the # and another one before the !.

You might like to have another one in every sheet which always takes
you back to the main sheet - once this is set up you can just copy it
to the other sheets.

Hope this helps.

Pete