Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sam Sam is offline

Default LEFT and PROPER

Is it possible to use the LEFT and PROPER function in the same formula?
For example I want to grab the cell C3 that has the words 'BASIC SKILLS' in
it. I only want to display the left part of the cell and in proper case. So
in my resulting cell (C5) the result would be 'Basic.'
I can't seem to do this in one formula.

I would appreciate any help.
Sam

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

How about =PROPER(LEFT(A1,5))
Or =PROPER(LEFT(A2,FIND(" ",A1)-1))
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Sam" wrote in message
Is it possible to use the LEFT and PROPER function in the same formula?
For example I want to grab the cell C3 that has the words 'BASIC SKILLS'
in
it. I only want to display the left part of the cell and in proper case.
So
in my resulting cell (C5) the result would be 'Basic.'
I can't seem to do this in one formula.

I would appreciate any help.
Sam

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sam Sam is offline

This did the trick. Thanks a lot.

Sam

"Mike H" wrote:

Maybe

=PROPER(LEFT(A1,FIND(" ",A1)))

Mike

"Sam" wrote:

Is it possible to use the LEFT and PROPER function in the same formula?
For example I want to grab the cell C3 that has the words 'BASIC SKILLS' in
it. I only want to display the left part of the cell and in proper case. So
in my resulting cell (C5) the result would be 'Basic.'
I can't seem to do this in one formula.

I would appreciate any help.
Sam

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions