Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default return of blank

Ok in sheet a i have a date in cell (a2) # hrs in cell (b2)
On Sheet b i cell a2 to auto populate once i fill out sheet a and
autopopulate #hrs as well. I can get it to do that however when i copy the
formula down in sheet b for a date the return is 1/0/00 i do not want
anything in that cell unless i input date on the first sheet.

I hope you understand what i am trying to do

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try this...

=IF(Sheet1!A2="","",Sheet1!A2)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Darts via OfficeKB.com" <u19990@uwe wrote in message
Ok in sheet a i have a date in cell (a2) # hrs in cell (b2)
On Sheet b i cell a2 to auto populate once i fill out sheet a and
autopopulate #hrs as well. I can get it to do that however when i copy
the
formula down in sheet b for a date the return is 1/0/00 i do not want
anything in that cell unless i input date on the first sheet.

I hope you understand what i am trying to do

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Check if the cell is empty

=IF(Sheet1!A2<"",Sheet1!A2,"")

--
Mike

When competing hypotheses are equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces
the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question.
Occam''''s razor (Abbrev)

"Darts via OfficeKB.com" wrote:

Ok in sheet a i have a date in cell (a2) # hrs in cell (b2)
On Sheet b i cell a2 to auto populate once i fill out sheet a and
autopopulate #hrs as well. I can get it to do that however when i copy the
formula down in sheet b for a date the return is 1/0/00 i do not want
anything in that cell unless i input date on the first sheet.

I hope you understand what i am trying to do

thanks

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

U guys are great!!!!!!!! thanks much

T. Valko wrote:
Try this...

=IF(Sheet1!A2="","",Sheet1!A2)

Ok in sheet a i have a date in cell (a2) # hrs in cell (b2)
On Sheet b i cell a2 to auto populate once i fill out sheet a and

[quoted text clipped - 6 lines]

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Biff