LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  

Send a message via AIM to btrich14
Smile Auto Populate Date when specific entry is chosen from data validation

Hello. I just joined this site and I am very entertained at all of the great posts. Excel is quite the powerful tool, I am just starting to scratch the surface of its potential and cannot wait to try out all the tips on here. What I am looking for some help on is this:

I have a spreadsheet to track the status of a project for a group of reps. I created a status for each line item using data validation. One of the selections is time sensitive and I need excel to populate the column next to it with the date that this particular selection is chosen and then keep that date there once the status has moved beyond that.

Can anyone help?
  #2   Report Post  

Quote:
Originally Posted by btrich14 View Post
Hello. I just joined this site and I am very entertained at all of the great posts. Excel is quite the powerful tool, I am just starting to scratch the surface of its potential and cannot wait to try out all the tips on here. What I am looking for some help on is this:

I have a spreadsheet to track the status of a project for a group of reps. I created a status for each line item using data validation. One of the selections is time sensitive and I need excel to populate the column next to it with the date that this particular selection is chosen and then keep that date there once the status has moved beyond that.

Can anyone help?
If this is a TIME STAMP, you'll need a macro for it.

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/timestamp.html