Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Condl formtng of range of cells based on one value

Hello all you Excel gurus,

I searched and found the answer (I thought) to my question, but it's not
working for me. Can someone check my work and advise?

Using Excel 2003
I want to take a rectangular range of cells, say A1:C7 and format it all
based on one possible value of one of the cells, say if cell C7=100%

The answer I found and tried said to select all the cells I'm interested in
(just click and drag to hilight, right?) and conditionally format using the
formula (modified to my example)
=C7=100%

The result is that only the first cell (A1 in my example) turns colors.

Also tried
=$C$7=100%
too, but still no joy. Didn't think that'd make a difference, but I'm not
all-knowing!

Can this work on a rectangular range? If not, is there another way to make
it work?

TIA!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Yikes, sorry! The