Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
mile3024

Default Rank where lowest value is highest rank

I am having trouble ranking cells where the lowest value receives the highest
ranking. Excel RANK function always wants to reward the highest number with
the highest rank. What do I need to do to adjust this formula.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Biff

Hi!

Try this:

Set the third argument to 1.

=RANK(A1,A$1:A$10,1)

Biff

"mile3024" wrote in message
I am having trouble ranking cells where the lowest value receives the
highest
ranking. Excel RANK function always wants to reward the highest number
with
the highest rank. What do I need to do to adjust this formula.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Alan

Try using either
=RANK(A1,$A$1:$Z$1,0) [or just =RANK(A1,$A$1:$G$1)]
or
=RANK(A1,$A$1:$G$1,1)
This reverses the ranking according to which one you use,
Regards,
Alan.