Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Search a Workbook

Is there anyway to search a workbook? I'm not talking about a worksheet, I'm
talking about a workbook with several worksheets. When I do a "FIND" it only
searches the open worksheet, but I have several worksheets I'd like to search
at once.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

jknapp, group the sheets, hold down Ctrl and click on the sheets you want to
search, or right click on a sheet and select all, remember to ungroup the
sheets when you are done
--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"jknapp1005" wrote in message
Is there anyway to search a workbook? I'm not talking about a worksheet,
I'm
talking about a workbook with several worksheets. When I do a "FIND" it
only
searches the open worksheet, but I have several worksheets I'd like to
search
at once.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you'll hold the CTRL key and click on the tab names, you'll "group"
the tabs. You can then perform a search and all selected tabs will be
searched. Note you may have hidden tabs, which will not be searched
unless you unhide and search them.

HOWEVER: remember to Ungroup the tabs: if tabs are grouped and you type
in a cell or make a change on one tab, that change will be made on ALL
tabs. You can ungroup by selecting a single tab or right clicking a
grouped tab and selecting Ungroup from the menu.

Dave O

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In xl2k and below, you can group the sheets you want to search and do an
edit|Find (one value at a time).

In xl2002+, you can specify that you want to search the whole workbook (still
one value at a time).

In all versions of excel, you could use Jan Karel Pieterse's FlexFind:
http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/

jknapp1005 wrote:

Is there anyway to search a workbook? I'm not talking about a worksheet, I'm
talking about a workbook with several worksheets. When I do a "FIND" it only
searches the open worksheet, but I have several worksheets I'd like to search
at once.

--

Dave Peterson