cardingtr

Default Working on Staffing grid

I'm working on a staffing grid to determine the number of staff needed
depending on the number of clients.

Licensed staff = 1:5 ratio
Assistant = 1:8 ratio

What is the formula so if I enter the number of clients it gives me
two separate values (one for Licenced, 1 for assistant)into two
separate cells.

Simple to do but I'm new to this.

--
cardingtr
cardingtr's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27027

Biff

Hi!

It would be just a simple division operation.

For Licensed staff it would the number of clients divided by 5.
For Assistant it would the number of clients divided by 8.

So, if A1 contains the number of clients:

=A1/5
=A1/8

I'm sure that you don't want 2.3 Assistants or 4.6 Licensed staff so you
probably want to round off to the nearest integer:

=ROUND(A1/5,0)
=ROUND(A1/8,0)

Biff

"cardingtr" wrote
in message ...

I'm working on a staffing grid to determine the number of staff needed
depending on the number of clients.

Licensed staff = 1:5 ratio
Assistant = 1:8 ratio

What is the formula so if I enter the number of clients it gives me
two separate values (one for Licenced, 1 for assistant)into two
separate cells.

Simple to do but I'm new to this.

--
cardingtr
cardingtr's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=466573

Roger Govier

Hi

With the number of clients in A1
B1 = ROUNDUP(A1/5,0) for Licensed Staff
C1 = ROUNDUP(A1/8,0) for Assistants

--
Regards
Roger Govier

cardingtr wrote:
I'm working on a staffing grid to determine the number of staff needed
depending on the number of clients.

Licensed staff = 1:5 ratio
Assistant = 1:8 ratio

What is the formula so if I enter the number of clients it gives me
two separate values (one for Licenced, 1 for assistant)into two
separate cells.

Simple to do but I'm new to this.

cardingtr

Thanks for you help.