Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default slanted cell shading

I am wishing to create the shading as shown on the 2nd image/chart on this
page:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/as...097991033.ASPX

I'm trying to get the diagonal shading. Everytime I try to shade an area,
it shades the whole cell, and I'm only wishing to shade half.

I have already changed the Orientation and have the text set at a 68º angle.
Whenever I try to shade the area (left click cell, right click, format
cells, Patterns, and choose a cell shading color) it shades the whole block
and not just the diagonal area.

Please explain in detail how I am to get this diagonal shading effect. I
have already worked the text angle.
Please help!
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
CLR CLR is offline

Add borders to those cells and then they will take the color formatting you
wish.

hth
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"duvanderz" wrote:

I am wishing to create the shading as shown on the 2nd image/chart on this
page:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/as...097991033.ASPX

I'm trying to get the diagonal shading. Everytime I try to shade an area,
it shades the whole cell, and I'm only wishing to shade half.

I have already changed the Orientation and have the text set at a 68º angle.
Whenever I try to shade the area (left click cell, right click, format
cells, Patterns, and choose a cell shading color) it shades the whole block
and not just the diagonal area.

Please explain in detail how I am to get this diagonal shading effect. I
have already worked the text angle.
Please help!
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

I mentioned it in my original post and OP missed it apparently.

Gord

On Thu, 3 Aug 2006 21:34:50 +0100, "Bob Phillips" wrote:

Sorry, I forgot to mention that in my original response.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Must be a problem with the MS servers Gord.

I don't see either Bob's or your *first* posts.

Don't even see some of my own, the they've been responded to by the OPs.

RD

I mentioned it in my original post and OP missed it apparently.

Gord

On Thu, 3 Aug 2006 21:34:50 +0100, "Bob Phillips" wrote:

Sorry, I forgot to mention that in my original response.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
CLR CLR is offline

Yeah, same here RD.........I was also missing some and finally did a
"Headers" on IE5 and some more came in, but I had to do it on each
newsgroup.............

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Ragdyer" wrote in message
Must be a problem with the MS servers Gord.

I don't see either Bob's or your *first* posts.

Don't even see some of my own, the they've been responded to by the OPs.

RD

-

-

wrote:

Sorry, I forgot to mention that in my original response.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Usually, when I access the groups from another machine, like when I get
home,
I'll find some, if not all, of what I didn't see at the plant.

This was *bad* maybe a couple of years ago.

RD

wrote:

Sorry, I forgot to mention that in my original response.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Yeah, there was a response yesterday on another thread where the OP
mentioned a suggestion by Rick, but Rick's reply just didn't show in the
thread I was looking at. I had to Google it to see it.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips