Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pheasant Plucker®

Default How to insert line of text on other worksheet depending upon result in a cell?

Hi there,

I have asked this question before but was hoping I might be able to achieve
this by using a formula without a macro being involved!

I have a spreadsheet made up of 5 worksheets and I would like to insert a
line of text on the worksheet called Percentages if a specific condition is
met on another worksheet called Other.

For example on Other I currently have a Data Validation box in E34 where I
can choose Y, N or N/A and depending upon the result enters a 1 in the
adjacent cell F34 or leaves it blank.

That current formula on Other is =IF(E34="Y",1,"") which works as expected.

I would however like to insert a line of text 'Training Issue' into the
Percentages worksheet at say I41 if Y is selected in Other E34

I have tried entering the following formula in Percentages I41 but it
doesn't work - obviously my logic is flawed.

=IF(Other!E34=0,"",(IF(Other!E34=Y,"Training Issue"))

That is the best I can come up with and it is obviously wrong so can some
kind soul help please?

--
Thanks in advance & regards,
-=pp=-

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
davesexcel

=IF(Other!E34=0,"",IF(Other!E34="Y","Training Issue",""))

--
davesexcel
davesexcel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31708
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=524284

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

Try this:
=IF(Other!E34="Y","Training Issue","")

Andy.

"Pheasant Plucker®" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pheasant Plucker®

Thanks guys...works a treat!

At the risk of embarrassing myself when I tried either of them they wouldn't
work at first...

Only later did I discover that the font was set to white - the result was
there all the time but I just couldn't see it!

Thanks & regards,
-=pp=-

<Andy wrote in message ...
Hi