Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default in Excel: How do I change "selected cells" highlight color?

When I select cells in Excel the shading is so light (blue) that I can barely
tell which cells are selected from those that are not. Can I change the
background color of cells that are selected?
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Assuming Excel 2007 this is a known problem and as yet no patch for it.

I don't have Excel 2007 but I have read that playing with your Contrast can help
some.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 10 Jun 2008 12:51:00 -0700, flameretired
wrote:

When I select cells in Excel the shading is so light (blue) that I can barely
tell which cells are selected from those that are not. Can I change the
background color of cells that are selected?
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Gord has told you all there is to know.
The very faint colour is a pain for some and seems to be monitor related
(and a bug!)
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme