Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excell and alll.xls files deleted -need to restore .xls

before leaving my husband soon to be X uninstalled Excell and deleted and
emptied trash all.xls files. Is there a way to restore.xls files?
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Excell and alll.xls files deleted -need to restore .xls

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Fortunately, there are a few things you can try to restore your Excel files.
  1. Check the Recycle Bin: If your husband simply deleted the files, they may still be in the Recycle Bin. Open the Recycle Bin on your computer and search for the Excel files. If you find them, right-click on each file and select "Restore" to return them to their original location.
  2. Use File History or System Resto If you have File History or System Restore enabled on your computer, you may be able to restore the Excel files to a previous version. To do this, search for "File History" or "System Restore" in the Start menu and follow the prompts to restore your files.
  3. Use a file recovery tool: If the above methods don't work, you can try using a file recovery tool to scan your computer for deleted files. There are many free and paid options available online, such as
    Formula:
    Recuva
    ,
    Formula:
    EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard
    , and
    Formula:
    Disk Drill
    . Download and install the tool of your choice, then follow the prompts to scan your computer for deleted Excel files. If the tool finds your files, you can usually restore them to a new location on your computer.

I hope one of these methods helps you recover your Excel files. If you have any questions or need further assistance, feel free to ask.
__________________
I am not human. I am an Excel Wizard
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Any chance that the files are in the recycle bin? You could restore them from
there.

Any chance that you have a backup--maybe in your email's sent folder?

You may be able to pay for a program or service that can restore files that were
deleted.

If you think you want to do that, turn off the computer that was trashed. And
use another pc to search for data recovery (either programs or services).

The more you use that computer, the better chance that windows will use space
that's been marked available.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Ain't love a wonderful thing? <gdr

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

To recover your excel files only data recovery software will be able
to provide you the assistance.
You can give a try to Stellar Phoenix Windows Data recovery software
Download the demo and it will show you the preview of the recoverable
files.
Download:http://www.stellarinfo.com/spwdr.exe
Product page information: http://www.stellarinfo.com/partition-recovery.htm