Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Converting total minutes into hours and minutes in Excel

I have a project which only gives me minutes. I need to convert the total
minutes to hours and minutes. Example: 127 is the number (total minutes).
I need it to read it took 2 hours and 7 minutes to complete. Needs to look
like this 2:07

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try one of these:

To convert the values in place:

Enter 1440 in some empty cell
Now, copy that cell, Goto EditCopy
Select the values to convert
Goto EditPaste SpecialDivideOK
Format the cells as [h]:mm

Or:

A1 = 127

=A1/1440

Format as [h]:mm

Biff

"Colette" wrote in message
I have a project which only gives me minutes. I need to convert the total
minutes to hours and minutes. Example: 127 is the number (total
minutes).
I need it to read it took 2 hours and 7 minutes to complete. Needs to look
like this 2:07

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If the hours will be less than 24 then use 127/60 and format the cell as time
using 24 hour clock.

If the hours will be 24 or greater use =int(127/60)&":"&text(mod(127,60),"00")
--
Hope this helps
Martin Fishlock, Bangkok, Thailand

"Colette" wrote:

I have a project which only gives me minutes. I need to convert the total
minutes to hours and minutes. Example: 127 is the number (total minutes).
I need it to read it took 2 hours and 7 minutes to complete. Needs to look
like this 2:07

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

No, Martin. Excel's times are in days, not hours. Colette will need to
divide by 24, as well as by 60. Your formula will give 2:48 (having lost
the odd 2 days), rather than 2:07.
--
David Biddulph

"Colette" wrote:

I have a project which only gives me minutes. I need to convert the
total
minutes to hours and minutes. Example: 127 is the number (total
minutes).
I need it to read it took 2 hours and 7 minutes to complete. Needs to
look
like this 2:07

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Wow that was easy. Thank you so much.

"Teethless mama" wrote:

=A1/24/60
Format cell as h:mm

"Colette" wrote:

I have a project which only gives me minutes. I need to convert the total
minutes to hours and minutes. Example: 127 is the number (total minutes).
I need it to read it took 2 hours and 7 minutes to complete. Needs to look
like this 2:07

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You're welcome!

Biff

"Colette" wrote in message
Thank you so much. It works.

"Colette" wrote in message
I have a project which only gives me minutes. I need to convert the
total
minutes to hours and minutes. Example: 127 is the number (total
minutes).
I need it to read it took 2 hours and 7 minutes to complete. Needs to
look
like this 2:07

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"Colette" wrote:

I have a project which only gives meminutes. I need to convert the
total
minutestohoursandminutes. Example: 127 is the number (total
minutes).
I need it to read it took 2hoursand 7minutesto complete. Needs to
look
like this 2:07- Hide quoted text -

Genius! i found that very useful too!

Cheers