Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I round a number after finding the average?

Am working on a school grading worksheet to merge into a letter to each
child's parent(s). I want to round the grades to a whole number and not to a
decimal number. I used the tool on the toolbar to get rid of decimal but it
comes back when I use the merge mail feature.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Because you are not rounding it, you are just changing the display. The
underlying value is the same, you can use a formula like =ROUND(A2,0)
instead
then copy and paste special as values or you can change it using a switch in
Word but you would be better posting that part in a Word newsgroup

Peo Sjoblom

"Anna H Patrick" <Anna H wrote in message
Am working on a school grading worksheet to merge into a letter to each
child's parent(s). I want to round the grades to a whole number and not to
decimal number. I used the tool on the toolbar to get rid of decimal but
it
comes back when I use the merge mail feature.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

There are ways in the merge within Word to format your imported fields.

Alternatively in Excel you could use =ROUND(AVERAGE(...),0), or produce text
output with =TEXT(AVERAGE(...),0)
--
David Biddulph

"Anna H Patrick" <Anna H wrote in message
Am working on a school grading worksheet to merge into a letter to each
child's parent(s). I want to round the grades to a whole number and not to
decimal number. I used the tool on the toolbar to get rid of decimal but
it
comes back when I use the merge mail feature.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The button on the toolbar only changes the formatting, if you look in tyhe
formula bar you will see that the number is still the same. Instead of just
calculating the grade, Round it as in:

=ROUND(Your formula,0)

--
HTH