Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Can I put one chart on another?

I have multiple charts. Can I display them one on top of another in one
screen and print them out that way?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

jeffersr -

If they are embedded charts (objects) instead of separate chart sheets, you
can display them adjacent to each other (not "one on top of another"),
specify the underlying cells for the Print Area, and print.

- Mike
http://www.mikemiddleton.com

"jeffersr" wrote in message
I have multiple charts. Can I display them one on top of another in one
screen and print them out that way?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Actually, you could put them one on top of the other, but you'd have to
change the plot area and chart area fills to none and hide the extraneous
labels (duplicate axes, etc.). Alignment is a real bitch.

I once wrote a little routine to align charts if you want to try:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AlignCharts.html

I rarely do anything like this. I usually plot the data together in a single
combination chart:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ComboCharts.html

but some chart types cannot be combined.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions