Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sugan

Default Help - Closed excel doc with out saving it

I closed the excel document without saving it. Is there any way that I can
restore the contents of this document?????

Any help in this regard appreciated
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jon Peltier

In general, you're out of luck. I don't know if Excel's auto save keeps
copies of unsaved workbooks, but even if it does, I've found it rather
unreliable if I really want to restore a document.

There's a free add-in you could try, by Jan Karel Pieterse of
http://jkp-ads.com, called AutoSafe. It stores a copy of every open workbook
(even the unsaved ones, I was happy to discover) in a directory on your hard
drive at an interval you specify. When it stores a new version, the old is
deleted to the recycle bin, so if you don't mind keeping the bin a little
full, you can keep a sequential archive of files on hand. I keep it running
all the time, and it's saved my butt a few times.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"Sugan" wrote in message
I closed the excel document without saving it. Is there any way that I can
restore the contents of this document?????

Any help in this regard appreciated

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR

If you created a new Workbook, from scratch and closed it without saving,
you're SOL. If you opened an existing workbook and made some changes and
closed it without saving, then the original workbook still exists in the
original location without any changes.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Sugan" wrote:

I closed the excel document without saving it. Is there any way that I can
restore the contents of this document?????

Any help in this regard appreciated

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

If you never saved the work, there's no place to restore it from.

--

Dave Peterson