Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
harnagel

Default Count Mondays worked in Month

How do I calculate how many Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, etc. were
worked in a month based on this:

A1 B1
Date Day of Week (based on calculation)
Date Day of Week
Date Day of Week
ETC

Sum = How many Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, etc. worked in the month

--
harnagel
harnagel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29376

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Rosenfeld

On Thu, 8 Dec 2005 08:43:54 -0600, harnagel
wrote:

How do I calculate how many Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, etc. were
worked in a month based on this:

A1 B1
Date Day of Week (based on calculation)
Date Day of Week
Date Day of Week
ETC

Sum = How many Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, etc. worked in the month

Repeating the same question without responding to the previous suggested
solutions with the problems that arose in implementing them is unlikely to be
productive.

I suggest that your failure to obtain a useful solution is likely related to
the fact that no one, as yet, has been able to understand exactly what you
mean.

Perhaps if you gave examples of actual inputs and desired outputs, you might
have more success.

--ron
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
SteveG

Use the WEEKDAY and COUNTIF functions.

Column A is dates. In column B next to dates enter,

=WEEKDAY(A2,1)

to determine the day of the week. This calculates the weekday starting
with Sunday as 1.

I typed in the days of the week in cells E1:K1 starting with Sunday.

In E2,

=COUNTIF($B$2:$B$32,"=1")

Change the condition from "=1" to "=2" up to "=7" for Monday - Saturday
in the rest of the range F2:K2.

HTH

Cheers,

Steve