Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default why don't my functions in paste special work?

I am trying to copy from one workbook to another workbook and keep the column
widths, print settings, etc the same but when I copy using different
functions in paste special nothing changes in the new workbook except the
visual data is present.

The functions of paste special are not grayed out but nothing happens when I
use them.

I am using MS office XP pro, excel 2002, SP3.

Any help is appreciated. I searched the knowledge base and the previous
answers didn't work. For example right clicking the tab and selecting copy
then automatically opens a new workbook with the worksheet but I need to put
the worksheet in an existing workbook. If I select column widths in the
original worksheet when I paste to another workbook the columns are not like
the original.
Thanks
--
Gene
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Have you tried to copy the entire sheet into the other workbook?
To to this, you have to open both workbooks, right-click on the worksheet
you want to copy, there you can choose to copy or to move the sheet. Once
you've clicked on that, you can choose in a listbox where to you want to copy
the sheet, and before or after which page you want to copy it.

Cheetahke

"Gene" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks Cheetahke...My mistake was opening two different excel windows and the
other workbook was not shown as available to copy to. So your note kept me
thinking and I finally realized to open both workbooks in the same window.
--
Gene