Bruce Roberson

Default Make default insert sheet to have grid lines

I have a user that says everytime they insert a worksheet
inside a workbook, that it does not show the grid lines.

They want it to show gridlines by default, and my XLS
workbooks on my PC do it that way, but I could not tell
them what about my setup is different.

Please advise.

Bruce
Gord Dibben

Bruce

Sounds like that user has a SHEET.XLT template saved in the XLSTART folder.

If that's the case, this would be the default InsertWorksheet.

Remove or change the format of this template.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 07:54:49 -0800, "Bruce Roberson"
wrote:

I have a user that says everytime they insert a worksheet
inside a workbook, that it does not show the grid lines.

They want it to show gridlines by default, and my XLS
workbooks on my PC do it that way, but I could not tell
them what about my setup is different.

Please advise.

Bruce

Gord Dibben

Bruce

"Nope" means there was no SHEET.XLT or means there was one but gridlines were
checked on?

Gridlines is a sheet option only and the gridlines not being shown on newly
inserted sheets must be set from somewhere.

If there is a SHEET.XLT perhaps the gridlines are enabled but the cell
background color is set to "white" which wipes gridlines.

The default setting under FormatCellsPatterns is "no color".

Gord

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 21:25:37 -0600, "Bruce Roberson"
wrote:

Nope that wasn't it. Any other ideas?

.. .

wrote:

I have a user that says everytime they insert a worksheet
inside a workbook, that it does not show the grid lines.

They want it to show gridlines by default, and my XLS
workbooks on my PC do it that way, but I could not tell
them what about my setup is different.

Please advise.

Bruce

Bruce Roberson

I think what he is experiences has to be another of those darned converstion
problems with Quattro Pro. You can select all cells, and change the grid
line from white to no color after the fact.

It looks that is as good as that gets unless the user is willing to copy and
paste each sheet in the workbook to get it out of the Qpro conversion
limitations.

wrote:

Nope that wasn't it. Any other ideas?

. ..