Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
tfletch

Default Why can't I edit my comments in Excel?

I'm using Excel 2002 on XP, have been for a couple years and all of a sudden
I cannot edit my comments anymore. I tried right clicking and the toolbar but
I can no longer edit them. Strangely enough this happens with only one
worksheet. I tried copying it, but still the same result. If I add new
comments, I can edit those, just my existing ones I can't edit. Any
suggestions?

Thank you in advance
Todd
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Richard

Is your worksheet protected?

Do you have multiple worksheets grouped?
--
Richard

"tfletch" wrote:

I'm using Excel 2002 on XP, have been for a couple years and all of a sudden
I cannot edit my comments anymore. I tried right clicking and the toolbar but
I can no longer edit them. Strangely enough this happens with only one
worksheet. I tried copying it, but still the same result. If I add new
comments, I can edit those, just my existing ones I can't edit. Any
suggestions?

Thank you in advance
Todd

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
davesexcel

what happens when you right click the the cell, all you say is that you
can't edit them, what appears,
First thing I thought of was well ... did you use data validation and
not the cell comments for some of those cells??,
Of course I can't tell because all you said was that you couldn't edit
them...

--
davesexcel

davesexcel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31708
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=543925

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
tfletch

Richard : I don't have my worksheet protected or grouped
davesexcel : I get all my normal options when I right click, and when I
click on edit nothing at all happens. I did definitely use the insert comment
when they were created.

"tfletch" wrote:

I'm using Excel 2002 on XP, have been for a couple years and all of a sudden
I cannot edit my comments anymore. I tried right clicking and the toolbar but
I can no longer edit them. Strangely enough this happens with only one
worksheet. I tried copying it, but still the same result. If I add new
comments, I can edit those, just my existing ones I can't edit. Any
suggestions?

Thank you in advance
Todd

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Debra Dalgleish

If the workbook is shared, you won't be able to edit existing comments.
To turn off sharing, choose ToolsShare Workbook
On the Editing tab, remove the check mark from 'Allow changes by more
than one user at a time.'

tfletch wrote:
I'm using Excel 2002 on XP, have been for a couple years and all of a sudden
I cannot edit my comments anymore. I tried right clicking and the toolbar but
I can no longer edit them. Strangely enough this happens with only one
worksheet. I tried copying it, but still the same result. If I add new
comments, I can edit those, just my existing ones I can't edit. Any
suggestions?

Thank you in advance
Todd

--