Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jdb

Default Design Report for Excel Date

I want to design a report using an excel spreadhseet as the source data.

Can anyone suggest the quickest, and cheapest, way to do this? I do not
want to purchase Access.

Is there a quick-and-dirty alternative to accomplishing this?

Thank you.

--
Joe
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CarlaWood

I guess the easiest way to do this in EXCEL is to add a worksheet to your
workbook that you have your source data in and then create a "template" for
the data, basically creating your report. Then just link your data back into
the corresponding cells from your source data. you can format your cells any
way you want them to create any type of report look.......does that help?

Carla Wood

"jdb" wrote:

I want to design a report using an excel spreadhseet as the source data.

Can anyone suggest the quickest, and cheapest, way to do this? I do not
want to purchase Access.

Is there a quick-and-dirty alternative to accomplishing this?

Thank you.

--
Joe

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jdb

Yes, that helps. Thank you. I was hoping to stay away from designing things
in excel, but maybe that is the best way to go. Thanks again.
--
Joe

"jdb" wrote:

I want to design a report using an excel spreadhseet as the source data.

Can anyone suggest the quickest, and cheapest, way to do this? I do not
want to purchase Access.

Is there a quick-and-dirty alternative to accomplishing this?

Thank you.

--
Joe

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CarlaWood

Yeah, I know it can get pretty tedious unlike Access where after you have
your data in a table you can just run a query and viola......report.
However, without using another program, the simplest way in EXCEL is to
design your own......i am not sure what you need exactly but sometimes you
can find some pretty good templates at the Microsoft Office website.

"jdb" wrote:

I want to design a report using an excel spreadhseet as the source data.

Can anyone suggest the quickest, and cheapest, way to do this? I do not
want to purchase Access.

Is there a quick-and-dirty alternative to accomplishing this?

Thank you.

--
Joe

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jdb

Thanks again. I optomistically started down your road, and soon realized it
is beyond me. Here's what I want to do: I have a excel file with ~500
records. Each record is a separate transaction.

I want a report that groups the records by company, then prints a separate
transaction list for each company.

If you have any more quick suggestions, I'd appreciate them. I am close
to just biting the bullet and buying Access 2000 (which, I think, can do what
I want).

--
Joe

"jdb" wrote:

I want to design a report using an excel spreadhseet as the source data.

Can anyone suggest the quickest, and cheapest, way to do this? I do not
want to purchase Access.

Is there a quick-and-dirty alternative to accomplishing this?

Thank you.

--
Joe

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CarlaWood

Well, in that case, how do you have your data arranged....ie...is column A
the customer name? if so, all you need to do is highlight all of your data
and then data sort by the column that the customer name is in. This will
group your data by customer. Then all you have to do is copy and paste your
data onto another worksheet and then print. Just make sure when highlighting
to include the actual column header so all of your data will stay
together....let me know if you need more help with this!