Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Steve R

Default How do I count the number of days from 1 date to another?

I need to calculate the number of calander days from one date to another.
For example: if the start date is January 1, 2006 and the end date is January
2, 2006, I need the answer to be 2. When I subtract January 1 from January 2
I get an answer of 1. Please help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Niek Otten

Well if that is your definition of difference, just add 1 to the difference.
So if two dates are equal the difference is 1?

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"Steve R" <Steve wrote in message
I need to calculate the number of calander days from one date to another.
For example: if the start date is January 1, 2006 and the end date is
January
2, 2006, I need the answer to be 2. When I subtract January 1 from
January 2
I get an answer of 1. Please help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jonathan Cooper

Your right on track. It is as simple as it appears, but you want something
different than your asking for.

1/2/2006 and 1/1/2006 are only one day different, so the answer is 1. Just
add 1 to the end of your formula to, in effect, calculate the days between
12/31/2005 and 1/2/2006.

i.e.,

not =a2-b2

instead =A2-(B2-1)