Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Experation Date

I have a column in which I have different expiration Dates. I would like the
box to change color to amber when today's date is 90 days from the expiration
date and then red when 30 days from the expiration date. The actual formula
would be most useful.

Thank you in advance.
Arlan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi,
are you talking about calendar days or working days?
Should the colour stay from exp_date-90 till exp_date-30?

--
Pecoflyer

Cheers -
*'Membership is free' (http://www.thecodecage.com)* & allows file
upload -faster and better answers

*Adding your XL version* to your post helps finding solution faster
Pecoflyer's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=14
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=76610

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Supposing your exp date is in A1, use following conditional formats for
cell A1
=and(today()-A1<=90,today()-A130) ( and set your format to "amber")
and as 2nd condition
=today()-A1<=30 ( and set format to "red")

Arlan;274696 Wrote:
I have a column in which I have different expiration Dates. I would

like
the
box to change color to amber when today's date is 90 days from the
expiration
date and then red when 30 days from the expiration date. The actual
formula
would be most useful.

Thank you in advance.
Arlan

--
Pecoflyer

Cheers -
*'Membership is free' (http://www.thecodecage.com)* & allows file
upload -faster and better answers

*Adding your XL version* to your post helps finding solution faster

Pecoflyer's Profile: 'The Code Cage Forums - View Profile: Pecoflyer'

(http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/me...pecoflyer.html)
View this thread: 'Experation Date - The Code Cage Forums'

(http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=76610)

--
Pecoflyer

Cheers -
*'Membership is free' (http://www.thecodecage.com)* & allows file
upload -faster and better answers

*Adding your XL version* to your post helps finding solution faster
Pecoflyer's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=14
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=76610

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

I'm not sure if I am doing this right. I went into "managing rules" and made
two new rules as you indicated (copied and pasted). When I apply the rules no
matter what date is in the field "Red" fills the block?