Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default I can't seem to insert a row or column.

--
Terry
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

You are trying to do this how?

Thinking about it? Performing some type of action?

Please use the body of the post to explain what you are doing and what results
you are not getting and any error message(s) arising.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 13:56:00 -0700, terry

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
rox rox is offline

If you find out, would you please let me know. I cant insert them either.
thanks

"terry" wrote:

--
Terry

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Okay, no more information here either.
Perhaps you now have Excel 2007 and were used to doing them
from the menus. You have to learn more of the shortcuts and alternate
ways of doing things in Excel 200u7.

As before select the number of columns or rows that you want to
insert that number of columns or rows before the selections then
right-click on the column (letter) or Row (number), in the context
menu use "insert".

If your tolerance to pain is high in Excel 2007, inserting cells/columns/rows
is not on the Insert menu but on the ribbon look for Home then look for Cells
on the 6th of 7 sections.

The keyword shortcut which does appear when you use the above is Ctrl+Shift+=
For help in learning some more keyboard shortcuts see
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/shortx2k.htm

If the problem is that your menus is grayed out then it is probably\
because you have protected cells, have a shared workbook, see
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/grayedout.htm

When it is said that not enough information is supplied, please provide
more information, a "me too" posting without any additional information
is not of much help, nor are ambiguous postings such as the original, please
ask a question so that it's not like pulling teeth to find out what you mean
(who, when, where, why, how, how much, how do you reproduce problem)

--
HTH,
David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP -- Excel

"terry" wrote: