Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Macro to delete rows based on a condition

I am trying to write a macro that will delete rows from a spreadsheet based
on a condition. I pull information from another program into excel for
budget purposes and it throws the company names in the header in column form,
so based on how many companies I pull in the number of rows that will need to
be deleted will be changing. I have text that starts after the companies
names (Trial Balance) and I want this to always start on A7. My question is
how do I tell excel to look for the word Trial Balance in Column A and then
delete everything that comes before it? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

This sub looks for the words Trial Balance in column A. It will delete all
rows above the found row:

Sub zero()
Set r = ActiveSheet.UsedRange
nLastRow = r.Rows.Count + r.Row - 1
killer = 0

For i = nLastRow To 1 Step -1
If killer = 1 Then
Cells(i, 1).EntireRow.Delete
End If
If Cells(i, 1).Value = "Trial Balance" Then
killer = 1
End If
Next

Gary''s Student - gsnu200742