Jessica

Default Normalizing data formula?

I am trying to normalize data sets in Excel to total 100%. I'm wondering if
there is a formula that can do this without having to correct each cell.
Bernard Liengme

Let's say the numbers are in G1:G20
1)In some blank cell (say Z1) enter =SUM(G1:G20)
2)Copy Z1;keep Z1 the active cell and use Edit|Paste Special -Value
3)Copy Z1; select G1:G20 and use Edit | Paste Special - Divide
Your numbers no add to 1; format them % if you wish
OR in step ! use =SUM(G1:G20)/100 and now you numbers all add to 100

best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme