Roundy

Default Excel crashing on save as

I have an excel file with a lot of sheets in it and it is 5.44 mb I have
been working on this project for a long time and after making changes I have
been doing save as. Now, I am able to do a save, but not a save as, it says
excel has generated errors and it is generating and error log. Is there a
limit to spreadsheet size, number of sheets or something? Is there a way to
repair the file?
Dave Peterson

Sometimes opening and saving in a different (newer?) version may help.
Sometimes not.

If that didn't help (or if it's just one workbook), maybe opening the workbook
in OpenOffice and saving there would clean it up enough for excel to accept it.

http://www.openoffice.org, a 60-65 meg download or a CD

If it's just one file and the file is really important, there are commercial
recovery services. I've never used it, but you might want to check into:
http://www.officerecovery.com

--

Dave Peterson