john²

Default how to delete/clean out the row list in pivot table

i need help in cleaning out my pivot table. What i do is copy a previos
pivot table by filesave as. However after pasting my data and refreshing
the pivot table, the row entries existing from the previos file is still
included in the new pivot table.

Say for example i have file1.xls, click-dropping the list on the row section
of the pivot table displays, sup1, sup2 & sup3. Now i filesaveas file1.xls
to file2.xls. Since the format of the pivot is basically the same, i just
delete the source and insert a brand new set of source data. After
refreshing this new pivot table and click-dropping the row list; I ended up
with a selection of sup1, sup2, sup3, sup4, sup5 & sup6. When all along my
new source just contains the data for sup4-6 and none for sup1-3.

What i need are the steps necessary to remove the unnecessary row list on
the new file without having to recreate the whole entire pivotTable all over
again.
Debra Dalgleish

There are instructions here for clearing old items from a PivotTable
dropdown list:

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List