Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jack Oziel

Default Procedure to make a dropdown list larger so it's easier to read

I have Excel 2003 and have a spreadsheet like a checkbook. To make a
distribution of the various types of expenses, I have account names. I
have created a dropdown list to make it easier to view my account llist.
When the list displays, it is so small it is difficult to read. Is there a
way to make the dropdown list larger for easier reading?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Leith Ross

Hello Jack,

You can't change the size of the control through it's properties, but
you can make the screen easier to read by using Zoom.

On the toolbar select....
VIEW
ZOOM

This display the Zoom dialog with preset values. It also has a box you
can enter the Zoom you want.

Sincerely,
Leith Ross

--
Leith Ross
Leith Ross's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=18465

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Norman Jones

Hi Jack,

It is not possible to change the Data Validation font size, but see Debra
Dalgleish's suggested workarounds at:

http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal08.html#Larger

---
Regards,
Norman

"Jack Oziel" <Jack wrote in message
I have Excel 2003 and have a spreadsheet like a checkbook. To make a
distribution of the various types of expenses, I have account names. I
have created a dropdown list to make it easier to view my account llist.
When the list displays, it is so small it is difficult to read. Is there
way to make the dropdown list larger for easier reading?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Lost4Now

I'm a bit curious.

Do you mean that the font size is too small to read, the number of
lines displayed in the list box is too few or the width of the list box
is too narrow to display each list item fully?

The third can be done by widening the column or merging columns. The
second is covered in the link to Debra Dalgleish's site - great site.
The first looks like a dead end.

--
Lost4Now
Lost4Now's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29345

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Norman Jones

hi Lost4Now,

The first looks like a dead end.

I think not - look again at Debra's suggestions!

---
Regards,
Norman

"Lost4Now" wrote in