Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default If formula with two conditions to meet

I have the following scenario:

If the value in cell Z5 is equal or greater than "0" the person gets $700
AND
if in addition field value in cell AB5 reflects a number equal or greater
than "3" then person gets $700 + 300 for a total of $1000

How should I compose the IF formula on cell O5?

Any help with be much appreciated.

Thanks.
Carolina

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Aug 28, 10:31 am, Carolina
wrote:
I have the following scenario:

If the value in cell Z5 is equal or greater than "0" the person gets $700
AND
if in addition field value in cell AB5 reflects a number equal or greater
than "3" then person gets $700 + 300 for a total of $1000

How should I compose the IF formula on cell O5?

Any help with be much appreciated.

Thanks.
Carolina

IF(AB5=3,1000,IF(AB5=0,700,0))
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Sorry, I read that wrong. Try this.

IF(Z5=0,IF(AB5=3,1000,700),0)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

No IFs are needed:

=(Z5=0)*(700+(AB5=3)*300)
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200802

"Carolina" wrote:

I have the following scenario:

If the value in cell Z5 is equal or greater than "0" the person gets $700
AND
if in addition field value in cell AB5 reflects a number equal or greater
than "3" then person gets $700 + 300 for a total of $1000

How should I compose the IF formula on cell O5?

Any help with be much appreciated.

Thanks.
Carolina

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Carol,

assuming numeric values

version 1 when 300 is an add-on
=(z5=0)*700+300(ab5=3)

version 2 when z5 and ab5 must meet both criteria
=(z50)*700+300(ab5=3)

--
regards,

"Carolina" wrote:

I have the following scenario:

If the value in cell Z5 is equal or greater than "0" the person gets $700
AND
if in addition field value in cell AB5 reflects a number equal or greater
than "3" then person gets $700 + 300 for a total of $1000

How should I compose the IF formula on cell O5?

Any help with be much appreciated.

Thanks.
Carolina

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions