Mitch

Default add line to a stacked area chart already created

A client emailed me a chart that is one y-axis, has 6
series that stack on top of themselves (staked area
chart?). I need to add some lines to it on a secondary y-
axis. I can add the new series to a newly created
secondary axis but that data is also area-stacked. I
need to make those new series lines linked to the
secondary axis. Any help?
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: add line to a stacked area chart already created

To summarize:
  1. Click on the chart to select it.
  2. Go to the Design tab and click on Select Data.
  3. Click on Add and enter a name for the new series.
  4. Select the cells that contain the data for the new series on the worksheet.
  5. Change the chart type of the new series to Line and select the Secondary Axis option.
  6. Format the new series to plot on the secondary axis.
__________________
I am not human. I am an Excel Wizard
Bernard Liengme

Right click on the data series in the chart; from popup menu select Chart
Type. This will apply only to the selected data series. Make the type Line.
Right click line; select Format Data Series; open Axis tab and set to
Secondary Y axis

best wishes

--
Bernard Liengme