Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Design Mode - or something like it.

I keep finding my spreadsheet in a mode, somewhere between "Design Mode" and
Execution mode.

I think I understand that in order to work with the building of the buttons,
text boxes, etc, you have to be in "Design Mode" and in order to get out,
you toggle the little icon that looks like a triangle/ruler/pencil.

Every once in a while I find myself in a mode kind of out of design mode but
not entirely in execution mode. When in this mysterious mode, I cannot click
and gain access to cells but when I click on text boxes or check boxes, they
seem to be in execution mode. When I click on a button, it puts the little
border around it and does not execute the assigned macro.

Can someone shead some light on this behavior?

Craig

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bj bj is offline

the icon you describe is not what puts it into the design mode
it causes the draweing toolbar to show or to hide
on the drawing toolbar is an icon (Select object) with an arrow (on mine it
is the second icon from the left) if this is selected it will do the type of
things you have described

If youl ook at "select objects" in help and keyboard shortcuts , you can
find more information on the selct object Icon.