Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
blueboy

Default Don't autoformat my dates

Excel always autoformats my dates and doesn't let me choose to 'Undo
autoformatting.' What's worse about it formatting my dates is that it
doesn't let me customize my date. So if I want to enter the date 30 January
2006 as Jan 30, it won't let me. It only allows specific date formats and if
I choose to do general formatting rather than Date formatting, then it gives
me some odd number.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peo Sjoblom

Precede entry with an apostrophe, won't be numeric but it will accept what
you put in there

Peo Sjoblom

Portland, Oregon

"blueboy" wrote in message
Excel always autoformats my dates and doesn't let me choose to 'Undo
autoformatting.' What's worse about it formatting my dates is that it
doesn't let me customize my date. So if I want to enter the date 30
January
2006 as Jan 30, it won't let me. It only allows specific date formats and
if
I choose to do general formatting rather than Date formatting, then it
gives
me some odd number.

this
click "I Agree" in the message pane.