Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default How to chart

Spreadsheet contains records of apointments that have taken place, including
start and end times of appointments e.g. 12:30 pm to 17:30 pm.

Need to produce a chart that has "number of appointments" on y-axis and 15
minute timebands on x-axis. Idea is to visually demonstrate periods of high
and low activity.

Problem I'm having is working out how many appointment instances occur for
each 15 minute timeband.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

This page shows a few ways to compile your data into plottable information:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Histograms.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"The Inquirer" wrote in message
Spreadsheet contains records of apointments that have taken place,
including
start and end times of appointments e.g. 12:30 pm to 17:30 pm.

Need to produce a chart that has "number of appointments" on y-axis and 15
minute timebands on x-axis. Idea is to visually demonstrate periods of
high
and low activity.

Problem I'm having is working out how many appointment instances occur for
each 15 minute timeband.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Thanks Jon.

I didn't know about the Analysis Toolpak - this is going to be a great help
and time saver when it comes to charting my data.

I still have a problem, however, in splitting the records of each
appointment in to 15 minute slots. For example, one appointment has
"Appointment ref" = 00001, "Start time" = 9:00 and "End time" = 9:45.

I've now got my Bin consisting of 0:00, 0:15, 0:30, 0:45 etc, i.e. have this
as the start time of my 15 minute timebands. My example appointment above
would therefore fall in to 3 time bands i.e. the 9:00, the 9:15, and the 9:30
timebands in my Bin.

I appreciate that this isn't an Excel charting issue so will cross post this
in a more appropriate discussion group.

Thanks again for your help.

Regards,
David

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Thanks Jon.

I didn't know about the Analysis Toolpak - this is going to be a great help
and time saver when it comes to charting my data.

I still have a problem, however, in splitting the records of each
appointment in to 15 minute slots. For example, one appointment has
"Appointment ref" = 00001, "Start time" = 9:00 and "End time" = 9:45.

I've now got my Bin consisting of 0:00, 0:15, 0:30, 0:45 etc, i.e. the start