Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Excel function LARGE returns error 'too few arguments'

I need to display the first, second and third in an array of percentages. I
tried using the 'Statistical Function' 'Large', first by using 'Insert
Function', selecting 'Large' then entering the Array [F11:F100], then the
order-value K [3]. The Formula-Bar displayed =LARGE(F11:F100 3)and when I
pressed Enter it returned an error-window, stating 'too few arguments' were
entered. I then tried entering the Formula directly [using the syntax
suggested in 'Help' (by copy and paste)]. The Formula-Bar displayed
=LARGE(F11:F100,3)and when I pressed Enter it again returned an error-window,
stating 'too few arguments' were entered. Neither of these [very similar]
syntaxes worked! Please help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks, Bob
No improvement! [=LARGE(F11:F100;3)] also returns error
"The formula you typed contains an error". The 'type' of error reported seem
only to depend on whether I type-in the formula or use the 'wizard'. Could
there be a corrupted-file within the part of the program which 'runs' the
functions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Do you get the same problem with =SMALL(F11:F100,3) for example?

Thanks for sticking with me, Bob! I downloaded the upgrade to Office2003-SP2
since I last replied - it didn't help! I still get exactly the same response
"You've entered too few arguments" to both SMALL and LARGE - with the correct
syntax, as shown in your earlier message.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Can you send me the workbook, and I will take a look, at least we get
determine whether it is your workbook, or your Excel.

Send it to bob DOT ngs AT gmail DOT com

Do the obvious with it.

BTW, what about other formulae, are they working okay?

--
HTH

Bob Phillips