CDAK

Default Reduce # of pages & help truncating cells

I have 2 questions that any help on would be much appreciated.

1) Currently when I go to print preview, it says page 1 out of 100000.
Really there is only about 10 pages worth of data and the rest of the pages
are just blank rows. I have a query so that I can't set a print area unless I
want to do it everytime because the number of rows can change by a few from
day to day. I know I could just check the # of pages with data and specify
that each time I print, but I was hoping somebody knew a workaround for this.

2) Some of my cells have lots of text in them. When I print I want this text
to be truncated so that not all of it is visible (or else my # of pages would
be too great). However, I do not want it to truncate right in the middle of
lines/words. I don't want to see 3.5 lines of text in my cell, I would rather
see either 3 lines or 4 lines. Is there a way to make it truncate but not
right through text.

Thanks a million for any help
Chris

Dave Peterson

I don't have a guess about #2.

But for #1. Can you pick out a column that always has data if that row is used?

If you can, then maybe this old post will help you (I used column A):

Insert|Name|Define
Names in workbook: Sheet1!LastRow
Use this formula
Refers to: =LOOKUP(2,1/(Sheet1!$A$1:$A$1000<""),ROW(Sheet1!$A$1:$A$1000) )

(Make that 1000 big enough to extend past the last possible row.)

Then once mo
Insert|Name|Define
Names in workbook: Sheet1!Print_Area
Use this formula
Refers to: =OFFSET(Sheet1!$A$1,0,0,lastRow,3)

That last 3 represents the last column to print (A:C in my example).

And change the worksheet (sheet1) if necessary (in all the places).

--

Dave Peterson