Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Gantt chart - fill show progress of tasks over task time period???

as per title...

basically want to be able to show progress on a gantt chart...
so lets say you have a job that you plan to take from 01.09.06 'till 14.09.06
you also want to see progress over this time period to monitor if it's on
track or not
so I would see this being able to be displayed by filling a merged cell
(that spanned the desired time period) the more progress made the more of the
cell would be filled in.

as per that scenario... on about 07.09.06 the cell would be half filled
showing you was dead on track.

or maybe there's another way to do the same thing

I will doctor a jpeg to show what I mean (see below)
You see tasks number 1, 2 and 3 span dates from 1.9.06 till 10.9.06 so take
up the same amount of space on the gantt chart but they are at differant
stages of completion so the cells reflect this in the amount they are filled.
http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/97/cellsru3.jpg

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can use a formula to show a simple bar whose length varies
depending on the value in a cell.
If the value 35 is in cell B5, then try this formula in C5...
=REPT("n",B5/2).
Assign the Wingdings font to cell C5 and adjust the font size and font color.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"JohnHamer1977"

wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Gantt chart - fill show progress of tasks over task time perio

Thanks Jim
that's along the right lines, it's very good if the cells are a similar size
but if they are very big (as if it spanned many days) then a value of 100 in
cell B5 wouldn't fill it.
But thanks anyway I am sure I will find a use for that sometime.

wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You could do this with conditional formatting.

You'd need to unmerge the cells as each cell is the equivalent of some
percentage. The percentage per cell is set by how many cells you use in the
scale. You could use 100 cells and each is a single percent. You'd have to
set the column width really narrow.

The screencap looks like Beta 2007. This feature isn't built-in? <bg

Biff