Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default personal.xls

Random question. for some reason my personal.xls file does not open
when i start excel. it was now it isn't. for some reason i have to go
into the folder and double click the file. Does anyone know why this
is and how to fix it?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Does anyone know why this is

No macros?
Wrong folder?

--
Regards
Dave Hawley
"pat67" wrote in message
Random question. for some reason my personal.xls file does not open
when i start excel. it was now it isn't. for some reason i have to go
into the folder and double click the file. Does anyone know why this
is and how to fix it?

Senior Member

Location: Hyderabad
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat67 View Post
Random question. for some reason my personal.xls file does not open
when i start excel. it was now it isn't. for some reason i have to go
into the folder and double click the file. Does anyone know why this
is and how to fix it?
could you once verify that personal.xls file exist in the xlstart folder and Is macro settings is low/trusted?

all the best
__________________
Thanks
Bala
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Pat
Have you recently installed a newer version of Excel? The file may not
be in the folder Excel expects it to be. Record a macro (something simple)
and place it in the Personal workbook when asked. Close Excel. Open Excel
and do Windows - Unhide and see if Personal.xls is there. Does it have the
macro you just recorded? That's where the Personal.xls belongs. HTH Otto

"pat67" wrote in message
Random question. for some reason my personal.xls file does not open
when i start excel. it was now it isn't. for some reason i have to go
into the folder and double click the file. Does anyone know why this
is and how to fix it?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"pat67" wrote in message

Random question. for some reason my personal.xls file does not open
when i start excel. it was now it isn't. for some reason i have to go
into the folder and double click the file. Does anyone know why this
is and how to fix it?- Hide quoted text -

Thanks for the replies. i someone disabled it. It is now fixed.