Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Changes to Plot area color

I created at template in which the plot area color is bright yellow and
applied to a chart. When I re-opened the file the color turned to magenta.
I've had other problems with cell colors changing on their own also.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

My Own IT dept wrote:
I created at template in which the plot area color is bright yellow and
applied to a chart. When I re-opened the file the color turned to magenta.
I've had other problems with cell colors changing on their own also.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

I'm on a thin limb here, but what version of Excel are you using and
have you checked the color palette? I have noticed more than once using
Excel 2003 that the color palette changes "sporadically" sometimes and
this might affect the rendering of pre-existing files.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

"smartin" wrote:

My Own IT dept wrote:
I created at template in which the plot area color is bright yellow and
applied to a chart. When I re-opened the file the color turned to magenta.
I've had other problems with cell colors changing on their own also.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

I'm on a thin limb here, but what version of Excel are you using and
have you checked the color palette? I have noticed more than once using
Excel 2003 that the color palette changes "sporadically" sometimes and
this might affect the rendering of pre-existing files.

Haha! Now I'm caught with pants down (^:

Personally, a reboot or two seems to resolve the problem. That suggests
to me the root cause is a memory problem. I've been thinking to dive
deeper into this, but have not done so as of yet.

Googling 'excel color palette reset' might help. Sorry, no definitive
answer today.