Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Personal workbook

Every time my colleague opens Excel, she gets a message on the screen saying
that the personal workbook is in use, and offers Read Only or Notify.

If we choose Read Only, she can then continue to work.

This has only happened since she inadvertently saved a macro into the
personal workbook.

How can we stop it prompting you each time you open Excel?

Thank you.
Louise
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Does this mean that she could delete the personal.xls file if she wants?

If she has stuff she wants to keep, then don't delete it. But if really doesn't
use that workbook, just close excel and use windows explorer to delete
personal.xls.

(Maybe use windows start button|search to find that file.)

But if she wants to keep it, I think she's opening the other workbooks in
separate instances of excel. If she only has one instance of excel and opens
all the workbooks in that single instance, then this problem will disappear.

I'd recommend that she open the first workbook anyway she wants, but use
File|open to open any other workbooks.

--

Dave Peterson