Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
ragtopcaddy

Default Normalizing the y axis

I want to get a visual "apples to apples" effect in my charts. However,
Excel doesn't seem to offer a way to "normalize" the y axis (that's the
vertical axis, right?). If the data in the range goes from .01% to .88%
for one data set and from 1% to 7% for another data set, Excel changes
the y axis accordingly, which displays the illusion that the resulting
charts are not much different from one another. I would prefer to take
the highest data range (7% in this example) and the lowest (.01% in
this example) and apply that as the y axis for both charts, so that the
user would get a visual sense of the real relationship of one dataset to
the other,
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bill

--
ragtopcaddy
ragtopcaddy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25838

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Tushar Mehta

If you plot both data sets on the same chart on the same axis, XL will
automatically adjust the scale to accomodate both series.

If you have separate charts (or plot the 2 series on primary/secondary
axes), you can manually adjust the min./max. values by double-clicking the
axis and then selecting the Scale tab.

You can automate the above by pseudo-linking the parameters to cell values
with
AutoChart Manager
http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/so...art/index.html

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article ,
says...

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
ragtopcaddy

Nevermind, I found it (obviously!). How I managed to get 2 copies of the
same post on this board is mysterious!