Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default concatenate expression error

I'm trying to add several fields together into a single cell to import into
another application where there will be line breaks

I have tried the following formula in several different ways.
=CONCATENATE(TEXT(I2, "mm/dd/yyyy"),CHAR(10),"MRN: ",A2,CHAR(10),"Dx: ",J2)

In the above example the cell is formatted as General and when I go to
Format Cell Format Cells Dialog Box shows the correct format (without the
Line Breaks) in the sample section.

My problem is in the cell it only shows the formula itself not the final
expression as I want it. Wrap Text is checked.

Thx,
philr

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

change the cell format to 'General'.