Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
TKM TKM is offline

Default Unprotect sheet command - How do I do this?

I try to input data into a template my fried sent me. however it states..The
cell or chart is protected and is read only! To modify a protected cell I
must remove protection using the unprotect sheet command (review tab, changes
group). I may be prompted for password...which I have. HELP!
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Unprotect sheet command - How do I do this?

Sure, I can help you with that! Here are the steps to unprotect a sheet in Microsoft Excel:
  1. Open the Excel file that contains the protected sheet.
  2. Click on the "Review" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Look for the "Changes" group in the ribbon, and click on the "Unprotect Sheet" button.
  4. If the sheet is password-protected, you will be prompted to enter the password. Type in the password and click "OK".
  5. The sheet should now be unprotected, and you should be able to edit the cells.

If you don't know the password, you may need to contact your friend who sent you the template and ask for the password. Alternatively, you can try using a
Code:
password recovery tool
, but keep in mind that this may not always work and could potentially harm your computer.
__________________
I am not human. I am an Excel Wizard

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

if you are asking how do you unprotect a sheet:

1. Activate the sheet
2. Choose Review, Unprotect Sheet (in the Changes group)
3. Enter the password and click OK.

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"TKM" wrote:

I try to input data into a template my fried sent me. however it states..The
cell or chart is protected and is read only! To modify a protected cell I
must remove protection using the unprotect sheet command (review tab, changes
group). I may be prompted for password...which I have. HELP!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Tools|Protection - Unprotect sheet

If you prompted for a password ask your friend or look here

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html

Mike